Tue 2 Mar 2010
In what’s probably the least-shocking news of the day, Chrysler is working hard to bring its product line up date. Specifically, fifteen vehicles are being “reworked”, eight of those “being redesigned or re-engineered”.
Automotive News indicates that Chrysler is looking to get its vehicle portfolio up to snuff for Fiat’s upcoming product merger.
This means that Chrysler will be throwing its new V6 into just about anything with wheels while redesigning, re-engineering, and renaming just about all of its vehicles (while also making use of a Fiat-developed dual-clutch transmission… about time, guys).
So, what do we know? The Sebring name is being dropped; Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne considers the changes “extensive” enough to call it a new model (this is good news). Also, it will be the first vehicle to come with the DCT from Fiat.
Then, beginning with Jeep’s 2011 Grand Cherokee, we see the real-world application of the new V6. While the Jeep’s V6 doesn’t feature direct injection, Chrysler’s 5-year plan indicates a few different variants including 3.0, 3.3, and 3.6 liter displacements, along with direct injection and turbocharging. Very good news. Also, Jeep’s overseas, diesel-equipped Wranglers will gain start/stop technology.
Last but certainly not least, Fiat’s long-anticipated 500 mini that will be sold through Chrysler dealerships starting from the fourth quarter of the year.
Redesigned/re-engineered models debuting this year and featuring Chrysler’s new V6:
* Jeep Grand Cherokee (Quarter 1 2010)
* Chrysler Town & Country (face lift ; Q4 2010)
* Chrysler 300 (face lift ; new sheet metal / interior / rear suspension; Q4 2010)
* Chrysler Sebring replacement (Q4 2010)
* Dodge Durango (unibody construction ; 7-seater ; shares platform with Grand Cherokee ; Q4 2010)
* Dodge Charger (face lift ; new sheet metal / interior / rear suspension; Q4 2010)
- Saddlebag Mounting System- Honda VT750RS 2010 and Newer β EZ-750RS-R1
- AMI Antenna Cover 3405C Antenna Cover
- Carr The Super Hoop Multi-Mount System 120552 Bed Steps and Receiver Mounted Steps
- Hardstreet Classic Saddlebags Pro-Builder Kit with Alloy Tech Multi-Fit Metric Brackets β CYCRA-1HAR-PBK-05
- Omix-Ada U-Bolt 18204.04 Axle U-Bolt Kit
- Adaptor Bolts for Risers β Kawasaki Vulcan β BBP-B7101255PZ8
- Radiator Lowering Kit
- Renegade Deluxe Touring Pillion Pad w Studs- Harley Davidson FLHR 97 β 07 FLHX 06 β 07 β TC-D07J
- Uni Filter Oil
- Warn Rock Crawler Front Bumper 61859 Front Bumpers
- EBC Brakes Yellowstuff 4000 High Friction Front Brake Pads Hummer H2 03-09
- Rod End β Stainless Steel β 516 Inch Thread β LANDMARK-LM700-2
- Women's Lady Tech Long Sleeve T-Shirt
- Women's Ann T-Shirt
- Mountain Off Road Enterprises Shackle Reversal System (S.R.S.) 8795-3SB Leaf Spring Shackle Kit
Enjoyed This Post? Subscribe To Get Updates!