Tue 20 Jul 2010
Seven-speed automatic transmissions are widely used by luxury automakers including Porsche and Infiniti. Mercedes-Benz and BMW have also adopted the use of eight-speed automatic gearboxes as well. Well, if that wasnβt enough for you to shift through, it is reported that Mercedes-Benz is working on a nine-speed gearbox.
According to senior engineering sources, the new 9-speed automatic will be introduced on large-capacity engines. The 9-speed transmission is reported to have huge improvements in fuel-economy and CO2 emissions.
Development of gearboxes with more than nine rations is unlikely, however. Engineers say that nine ratios is the maximum that is technically possible and may be the most that buyers will be able to work with.
- Heavy Duty Side Clamp For 1 34 Inch Diameter Pipe Chrome Each β SAM-A-105
- Smart Mount Driver Backrest- Honda GL1500 Goldwing Models β BBP-52-567
- Lower Leg Deflector Shields Pair β Chrome β Harley Davidson Softail Dyna Models β KY-7765
- EBC Brakes Redstuff Low Dust Ceramic Front Brake Pads BMW 325Xi E90 06-09
- Finned Saddlebag Latch Cover
- EST Complete Gasket Kit β Harley Davidson 1200 EVO Sportster with 3 1316 in. Bore and .030 Head Gasket 91-03 β COMETIC-C9141
- Omix-Ada 2nd and 3rd Synchronizer Assembly 18880.14 Manual Trans Synchro Hub Assembly
- Universal Drink Holders with Basket
- Hard Saddlebags β Pearl White β Yamaha Road Star 04 06 08 and 10 β STR-4WM72-00-NW
- NEW Bentley BMW Bentley E38 Repair Manual B701
- Ram GPS Mount β Garmin Nuvi 1400 Models β KY-4099
- Engraved Wheel β Front β Black β 18 Inch x 3.50 Inch β Victory Kingpin β AN-V-2415
- Youth Hacker 2Fer Hoodie
- MT66 Route Cruiser Front Tire
- American Racing Wheels AR62 Machined Outlaw II Wheel AR625783 Wheels
Enjoyed This Post? Subscribe To Get Updates!