Tue 20 Jul 2010
Seven-speed automatic transmissions are widely used by luxury automakers including Porsche and Infiniti. Mercedes-Benz and BMW have also adopted the use of eight-speed automatic gearboxes as well. Well, if that wasnβt enough for you to shift through, it is reported that Mercedes-Benz is working on a nine-speed gearbox.
According to senior engineering sources, the new 9-speed automatic will be introduced on large-capacity engines. The 9-speed transmission is reported to have huge improvements in fuel-economy and CO2 emissions.
Development of gearboxes with more than nine rations is unlikely, however. Engineers say that nine ratios is the maximum that is technically possible and may be the most that buyers will be able to work with.
- Seven Sins Helmet SS1500 β SS-SEVEN-SINS-HELMET
- Clear-Coated Stainless Steel Front Brake Line Kit 2 In. β Harley Davidson FLHTFLHX 96-07 β DS-1741-2629
- Nut Cover 30mm β HH-56-121
- Solid State 12 Volt Regulator Chrome- Harley Davidson FXS FLST FLS Models 11- newer β DS-2112-0806
- Fuel Wheels Revolver β Black with Machining D52520005745 MHT Fuel Off Road Wheels
- Fork Saver
- Old Shool Bandanna β Red Ground White Paisley β SCHA-OSB1-225
- Billet Rectifier Cover β Brushed- Yamaha XV1700 Road Star Warrior Models β STR-5PX27-68-07
- CL-16 Full-Face Helmet β Slayer Size Medium Red Color Available Only- Limited To Stock on Hand β HJC-CL-16-SLAYER-DIS
- EBC Ultimax Premium OEM Front Replacement Brake Pads Nissan Maxima 3.0L 89-94
- Racing Gear Bag
- 3 Snap Flip Shield for GM2 and GM22 Helmet
- Trail Gear Blue LED Strip – 19" 180021-KIT Multi-Use Accent Lights
- Chrome Shift Lever β Harley Davidson XL Sportster Models 86 to 90 β BC-49-0820
- All Kleer Windshield CleanerPolish 8oz. Bottle β MEM0933
Enjoyed This Post? Subscribe To Get Updates!