Fri 7 Mar 2008
Honda built its state of the art Lincoln, Alabama plant to produce the Odyssey minivan and Pilot SUV, and now it’s going to add the Ridgeline unit-body pickup, as well.
Cost-wise, it makes a lot of sense to move Ridgeline production from Canada to Alabama, considering all three vehicles share a platform and powertrain. What’s tough to understand is how Honda intends to squeeze out an additional 40,000 units from the ultra-efficient plant. The Lincoln plant is already operating 13,000 units beyond peak capacity, with its very strong minivan and SUV selling well around the country.Lucky for Honda we’re not in charge of vehicle production, and we’re sure the company’s many brilliant engineers know what they’re doing. Now, if the Japanese automaker can get some equally talented designers to gussy up the visual train wreck that is the Ridgeline, then they’d definitely need a second manufacturing sight.
- 444 Series Shock β 12 Inch β Rear Suspension β Chrome β Kawasaki VN1500 Vulcan Drifter 99 β 05 β PS-444-4229C
- One Piece Vintage Sport Touring Seat β Harley Davidson FLT FLHT Models 89 β 96 β M-75235
- Saddlebag Kickplate Set β BBP-2-270
- Forged Aluminum Front Wheel Czar 16 x 3.5 inch β Harley Davidson FLTR FLHT FLT FLHR FLHX 00 to 07 β RC-1635017-86C
- Axle Caps β Dome Chrome- Harley Davidson Models β LA-7810-00
- Mud Lite XTR SS212 Tire and Wheel Kit
- Warrior Torque Barz for Spring Over 607 Traction Bar
- Torque Series Goggle Tear-Offs
- Mamba Slip-On Mufflers
- Youth Focus Goggles Replacement Lenses
- Women's Rich Girl String Triangle Top
- Be Cool Radiator Cap 71006 Radiator & Reservoir Caps
- KMC Wheels KM672 Series Widow β Chrome KM67228567215 KMC Wheels
- EBC Brakes Stage 4 Signature Brake Kit S4KF1499 Replacement Brake Pad and Rotor Kit
- ARB 4Γ4 Accessories Bushranger Sand Tracks 54X07 Traction Pad
Enjoyed This Post? Subscribe To Get Updates!