Fri 5 Dec 2008
A ceremony today at Toyota’s new manufacturing facility here officially kicked-off production of the RAV4 sport utility vehicle. The plant represents an investment of CAN$1.1 billion and boosts Toyota’s investment in Canada to approximately CAN$5.6 billion.
Ontario Premier Dalton McGuinty and Toyota Motor Corporation President Katsuaki Watanabe presided over the event, which was attended by local officials, the 1,200 team members who are building RAV4, and hundreds of supplier representatives.
“We started production in nearby Cambridge almost exactly 20 years ago, and this Woodstock plant shows our commitment to Canada is continuing,” Watanabe said.
The Woodstock plant is the only location outside of Japan where the RAV4 is built.
Toyota currently produces 12 vehicles in North America, including the Avalon, Camry, Corolla, Matrix, RAV4, Sienna, Solara, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra, Venza and the Lexus RX350. With the start-up in Woodstock, Toyota has 14 plants with the annual capacity to build approximately 2 million cars and trucks as well as engines and transmissions
- COBRA AV72 14090HB-16 Rear β AVON-4700216
- PowerCommander EX β 04-05 Marauder 1600M95 β California Legal β PC318-411EX
- XD Wheels XD798 Addict Series β Matte Black and Machined Wheel XD79889058512N XD Series Wheels
- Fox Racing Shox FOX 2.0 Bypass Piggyback Reservoir Shock 980-04-296-A Shock Absorbers
- Omix-Ada Defroster Duct 17907.01 HVAC Air Duct
- Nostalgia Derby Cover
- 10 inch Patch β American Rider β HOTL-PPA5307
- New Century Manufacturing Power Steering Cap Cover NCM-425-R Power Steering Cap Cover
- EBC Brakes Premium OEM Replacement Rear Rotor Audi A6 2.8L 95-97
- CL-33 Metallic Helmet
- 12 x 15 inch Premium Motorcycle Flag β U.S. Army β AMA-2027-ARM
- Helmet Shield β FX-42 Pilot β Silver Mirror β AFX-0130-0294
- Fab Fours Heavy-duty Rear Bumper JK07-Y1251-B Rear Bumpers
- H&R Trak DR Series 20mm Wheels Spacer Pair BMW M6 Convertible E64 07+
- Fri Thin Socks
Enjoyed This Post? Subscribe To Get Updates!